13 Oct S4 E03 | Courage in the Name of Jesus
Let us know how God gave you a moment to be courageous! Send in your testimonies now to email@example.com in time for the next Deep End episode.
This week we look at something lacking in our culture: COURAGE in the Christian life!
1 Samuel 17; Joshua 1:6-9; Matthew 16:25; 28:16-20; 1 Samuel 13:22; 1 Peter 5:8; Genesis 3; John 3:20; 1 Samuel 16; Galatians 5:13; 1 John 2:20; John 16:33; Romans 10:9, 17; 2 Corinthians 5:7; John 16:33; Revelation 1:18; Hebrews 12:1.
Other biblical stories to study: Hannah’s Prayer for a Son
Points to note:
Courage: A Lost Art
- Saul: Zero Courage < Self-Centered
- David: True Courage < God-Centered
Our Enemy’s Strategy |Goliath as a picture of Satan
Recognize the following:
- After his anointing, David serves.
- We can either let God shape US through our challenges or we can let our challenges shape our view of God.
- Your greatest fear has been handled. NOW FIGHT.
- You are made for COURAGE! But your COURAGE must come from understanding and living from the finished work of Christ.
Questions to consider:
- Do you think we have the same boldness and courage our historical ancestors did?
- Have you let other people’s opinions of you change how you live or have you been pressed down by the judgment of others?
- Would you go after a lion or a bear for taking just one sheep?
- Which Kingdom do you belong to? Are you letting shame, fear, or isolation hold you down or are you going to let the finished work of Jesus give you the courage to be bold and strong?