14 Jul S4•E31 | “Is pedophilia a changeable “orientation”? Whatever happened to “my body my choice”? Find your hope in the HOUSE of the Lord”
We need to talk about science now more than ever before because people are denying the reality of it. There is a current debate as to whether pedophilia can be classified as a type of sexual orientation. [see links below] However, the LGBTQ lobby has pushed the idea that orientation is fixed from birth and therefore requires no treatment. This creates a conflict. Let’s be clear: Pedophiles are anathema to civilization.
Jesus said “But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea.” (Mt 18:6)
Do you remember the abortionists’ argument of “My body my choice”? That idea apparently doesn’t apply to American citizens who don’t wish to be injected with a vaccine that doesn’t have full FDA approval. The former president of Planned Parenthood said it’s time for the Country to make it “hard to live” for dissenters and the Biden Administration is even coming to your house to convince you.
The hard truth is COVID19 has been used as a tool by the government to condition us to receive the end-time age— the one world government that the Bible talks about with restricted liberties and citizens turning on each other.
What are we to do as Christians? “At that time many will fall away and will betray and hate one another, and many false prophets will arise and mislead many. Because of the multiplication of wickedness, the love of most will grow cold. But the one who perseveres to the end will be saved.” (Mt 24:10-13)
We endure, hold on to faith, and press on because of the wonderful promise from Jesus! “When all these things begin to happen, stand and look up, for your salvation is near!” (Lk 21:28)
All this is from God, who through Christ reconciled us to himself and gave us the ministry of reconciliation; that is, in Christ God was reconciling the world to himself, not counting their trespasses against them, and entrusting to us the message of reconciliation. Therefore, we are ambassadors for Christ, God making his appeal through us. We implore you on behalf of Christ, be reconciled to God. For our sake he made him to be sin who knew no sin, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God. ~2 Corinthians 5:18-21
Theme: Sin, Judgment, and the Foundation of God’s House
Points to Note:
Reminder, the story of Saul & David is Our Story:
- Saul: [Kingdoms of this world] Self-Centered, Demanding, Disobedient to God, Seeks His Own Glory
- David: [Kingdom of God] Other-Centered, Giving/Self-Sacrificing, Obedient to God, Seeks the Glory of God
Kingdom of Saul | Self-Absorbed and Insecure | Passing Away
- Every moment is about himself
- Everyone is suspect
- Everyone is a threat
- Willing to kill for his kingdom
- Estranged from everyone he loved
- On the road to self-destruction
Kingdom of David | Self-Less & Dependent on God | Arriving
- Wounded by the Lord
- Made useful to those wounded in the world
- Contrite, Compassionate, and Hungry for God
- Made ready to serve others
- The “threshing floor” purchased by David is located on Mount Moriah and will become the place where Solomon establishes the Temple. It is the foundation of God’s House. It is also the location where Abraham had previously offered up Isaac and received the ram and more important, the place where Jesus will go to be crucified.
The Foundation For God’s House:
- Where A Substitute Was Provided For By God.
- Where The Sword Of Judgment Was Raised, Then Stayed.
- Where A Lamb Would Be Offered In The Place Of A Beloved Son.
- Where A King Would Cry Out, “Let Your Hand Fall On Me! Spare This People!”
The census thus serves to enhance royal, bureaucratic, oppressive power.… The census is the long, ruthless arm of the military state intruding into tribal and village life.…. It is not a benign act of counting but an act of bureaucratic terrorism.” – Walter Brueggemann
Recognize the Following:
- God is in charge of Satan too.
- The sin was not in taking a census; the sin was in taking a census without following God’s prescription of taking essentially an “atonement tax” to support the spiritual life of the Nation. Its purpose was to glorify God and for the Israelites to recognize that they belonged to Him.
- David had 3 choices: famine, fleeing his enemies, or pestilence. He chose pestilence because he knew it was better to be in the hands of God and His mercy than the hands of man or a natural disaster.
- Araunah and Ornan the Jebusite is the same person.
- Solomon will use the numbers drawn from the census to enslave so many Israelites that it ultimately leads to the division of Israel into the Northern Kingdom and Judah.
- As Christians, we are called to be dispensers of Truth but agents for grace.
Questions to Consider:
- How much influence does the government presently have in your life?
- Do you ever take a “census” in your life? Are you doing it to edify yourself or glorify God?
- Are you offering grace and mercy to those who sin differently than you do?
- Are you preparing yourself to “press on” until the end?
- The True Story of John / Joan
- The Pedophilia and Orientation Debate and Its Implications for Forensic Psychiatry
- Chicago Public Schools to give condoms to 10-year-olds
- CNN Medical Analyst: It’s Easier to Get People Vaccinated When They Don’t Have Their Freedoms
- Biden admin launching ‘door-to-door’ push to vaccinate Americans, sparks major backlash
- Press Briefing by Press Secretary Jen Psaki, July 6, 2021
- How Many Have Died From COVID Vaccines?
- Biden Administration Asks Americans to Report ‘Potentially’ Radicalized Friends and Family
- Nikole Hannah-Jones declines UNC tenure position and will join Howard University
- 🆕 New Segment: 10 Questions with Tim July 22nd at Noon. Send your questions to email@example.com or post your question in the comments below.
- 🆕 Beginning August 25th: Deep Dive Bible Study with Tim Wednesday evenings at 7:00 pm.
- 🆕 Season 5: Tim Hatch Live on The Deep End Tuesday evenings at 7:30 pm beginning August 24th.
Viewer Questions: [You can always send us interesting news articles at firstname.lastname@example.org or text them to 508-316-9333 as well as ask any questions you may have (It’s anonymous!]