21 Jul S4•E32 | The Undermining of American Parents, When Socialism Came to America & The King of Peace is Coming
The enemy is coming for your children.
In large part, parents have abdicated their God-given responsibility to shape and inform the next generation. The breakdown of the family and high divorce rates have also contributed to the problem. We have a spiritual enemy who knows who to go after. Parents, you must but be completely devoted to the Lord– your children’s lives are at stake! [see book recs ⬇️ ]
Plus, Cubans seem to appreciate freedom more than we Americans do. They are giving us a lesson in economics as they are being called out in the US press for using the “anti-government slogan” of “freedom” and waving American flags during their protests against the yoke of Socialism. We seem to have forgotten that Socialism was already tried in both Plymouth, Ma. and Jamestown, Va. with disastrous effects.
The Good News is the King of Peace is coming soon! As we get closer to that time there will be many attacks on the righteous and temptations to turn away from the authority of Jesus. How can we stand strong? Through the power of the Holy Spirit, prayer, worship, and the pastors, elders, leaders, and teachers He has provided to encourage and embolden us for the age to come.
Likewise the Spirit helps us in our weakness. For we do not know what to pray for as we ought, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words. 27 And he who searches hearts knows what is the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints according to the will of God. ~Romans 8:26–27 (ESV)
Theme: The King of Peace is coming soon!
Scriptures Studied: Deuteronomy 4:9-10; Isaiah 3:1-5; Isaiah 3:12; 1 Kings 1; Ephesians 6:4; 1 John 5:14; John 6:40; John 14:12-14; Romans 8:26-27; Revelation 19:15-16; Isaiah 9:6-7; Ephesians 3:11-12; Hebrews 4:16; James 4:8; James 4:10
Points to Note:
Reminder, the story of Saul & David is Our Story:
- Saul: [Kingdoms of this world] Self-Centered, Demanding, Disobedient to God, Seeks His Own Glory
- David: [Kingdom of God] Other-Centered, Giving/Self-Sacrificing, Obedient to God, Seeks the Glory of God
Kingdom of Saul | Self-Absorbed and Insecure | Passing Away
- Every moment is about himself
- Everyone is suspect
- Everyone is a threat
- Willing to kill for his kingdom
- Estranged from everyone he loved
- On the road to self-destruction
Kingdom of David | Self-Less & Dependent on God | Arriving
- Wounded by the Lord
- Made useful to those wounded in the world
- Contrite, Compassionate, and Hungry for God
- Made ready to serve others
- Bathsheba is a picture of the Church: questionable or sinful past, notorious reputation, chosen by God
- Nathan is a picture of a prophet filled with Holy Spirit.
How to “provoke your children”
- Providing no discipline.
- Overprotection (too much discipline).
- Impossible expectations (straight a’s/achievements).
- Ridiculing them (sarcasm/coarse joking).
- Ignoring them.
- Hypocrisy (acting better than you are).
A Pastor Filled with the Holy Spirit
- He encourages us to enter into the presence of the King.
- He gives us words to say.
- He emboldens our prayer life in the will of God.
The kingdom of peace is coming.
- The enemy is bent on division through deception.
- We have access with boldness to the throne.
- Godly prophets/people infuse our boldness.
- It’s going to be messy along the way.
Recognize the Following:
- The Church has a sinful PAST and a divinely appointed PRESENT.
- Your spiritual enemy knows who to go after: those who’s hearts are on the fence.
- It is the job of a pastor to help tear down the wall between you and Christ.
- How do we make headway in mission? When the Church worships Jesus, glorifies Him, and magnifies Him, the Earth splits open.
Questions to Consider:
- If you are a parent, are you completely devoted to the Lord? Are you in the Church and fully involved, attending, serving, and tithing?
- How are you equipping yourself to persevere?
- Book: Irreversible Damage: The Transgender Craze Seducing Our Daughters by Abigail Shrier ISBN-10 : 168451228X
- Book: The American Story: The Beginnings by David Barton and Tim Barton ISBN-10: 1947501240
- Book: Blue Like Jazz: Nonreligious Thoughts on Christian Spirituality by Donald Miller ISBN-10: 9780785263708
- Christian mother takes school to court over gay pride parade
- Seattle high school sparks outrage over policy which allows it to give IUD contraceptives to girls as young as ELEVEN – without seeking permission from parents
- New CPS program puts free condoms in nearly every school — including elementaries
- Masks Should be Mandatory in Schools, American Academy of Pediatrics Says
- American Booksellers Association Apologizes for Promoting Abigail Schrier’s ‘Violent’ Transgender Book
- New York Times Tweet: “Shouting Freedom and other anti-government slogans”
- LISTEN: 1619 Founder Believes America Should Follow Cuban Path
- UNEARTHED: 1619 Project Founder Praised Cuba’s ‘Socialist’ Accomplishments, Counts Education As ‘Cornerstone Of Revolution.’ Branding the U.S. left: AOC makes a push into political merchandise
- Thomas Sowell Tweet: “Advice to the young”
- 🆕 New Segment: 10 Questions with Tim Send your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org or post your question in the comments below.
- 🆕 Beginning August 25th: Deep Dive Bible Study with Tim Wednesday evenings at 7:00 pm. Season 5 will focus on the book of Romans.
- 🆕 Season 5 of Tim Hatch Live on The Deep End | Tuesday evenings at 7:30 pm beginning August 24th.
Viewer Questions: [You can always send us interesting news articles at email@example.com or text them to 508-316-9333 as well as ask any questions you may have (It’s anonymous!]